Many authors capture the spirit of urban cities and illustrate what strengthens as well as challenge community fabric within those cities:
Other readings on violence:
- Office of Violence Prevention, Chicago Department of Public Health
- City of Chicago Youth Violence Prevention Plan, National Forum on Youth Violence Prevention
- Youth Violence Prevention, Illinois Department of Public Health
- The Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority
- SafetyLit is an injury, violence, and self-harm prevention literature database
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- STRYVE (Striving To Reduce Youth Violence Everywhere) is a national initiative led by the CDC to prevent youth violence, with the vision of safe and healthy youth who can achieve their full potential as connected and contributing members of thriving, violence-free families, schools, and communities.
- UNITY (Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth), established by the Prevention Institute, builds support for effective, sustainable efforts to prevent violence before it occurs, so that urban youth can thrive in safe environments with ample opportunities and supportive relationships.
- THRIVE: Toolkit for Health and Resilience in Vulnerable Environments is a manual published by Prevention Institute to address health disparities through a community approach.
- Children's Safety Network (CSN) is a national resource center for the prevention of childhood injuries and violence that offers expertise on a wide range of injury topics to Maternal and Child Health and Injury and Violence Prevention programs.
- Youth Violence: A Report of the Surgeon General, Office of the Surgeon General, U.S. Departmentof Health & Human Services
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, U.S. Department of Justice
- Youth Violence Prevention, National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- DrugRehab.com is a web resource provided and funded by Advanced Recovery Systems (ARS), an integrated behavioral health care management organization dedicated to the treatment of addition, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues.
World Report on Violence and Health, World Health Organization