Connecting Early Childhood & Violence Prevention: Impacts of Early Childhood on Violence over the Life Course
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
This SCY quarterly meeting examined the connections between what happens in early childhood and violence over the life course. As a group, we identified opportunities for early childhood systems to enhance their involvement in violence prevention and response.
- Barbara Abel, PhD, Birth-to-Five Curriculum Manager, Ounce of Prevention
- Claudia Cattage, M.ED, Early Head Start Lead Teacher, Ounce of Prevention's Educare School Chicago
- Teresa Pennix-Gill, MA, Co-Founder, Board President and Executive Director, Parenting for Non-Violence
- Karen Sheehan, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Injury Prevention and Research Center and Strengthening Chicago's Youth, Interim Co-Director, Smith Child Health Research Program, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Anne G. Studzinski, Managing Director, Illinois Childhood Trauma Coalition