Collaboration with the Mayor's Commission on a Safer Chicago
Thursday, February 5, 2015
In early 2015, the Mayor's Commission for a Safer Chicago, in which SCY has an active role, released its first report on its strategic plan to address youth violence. SCY hosted representatives from the Commission and the Mayor's Office to share the recommendations and to discuss ways that community-based organizations can be involved in the implementation of the report. SCY then compiled the feedback into a letter to be sent to the Major's office in May 2015.
- Katie Hill, Senior Policy Advisor, Chicago Mayor's Office
- Claudio Rivera, Urban Youth Training Center, University of Illinois Chicago
- Michelle Morales, Associate Director, Alternative Schools Network
- Angela Rudolph, Executive Director, Hadiya's Promise
- Vaughn Bryant, Chief Program Officer, Chicago Park District
Link to panelists' full bios.